1. Place control panel and cutter on a flat table with the back of the control panel facing the side of the cutter. Plug the black heater cord coming out the back of the cutter into the control panel. Next, connect the control panel to the cutter using the grey control cable. Plug the appropriate end of the power cord into the fused power receptacle on the control panel and the other end into a 110V outlet. BE SURE ALL CABLES ARE SECURELY FASTENED BEFORE TURNING ON THE POWER.
2. Next hook up the air regulator to your air supply and set the pressure at 35 PSI.
3. Set the roll stand behind the cutter and line it up with the guides on the cutter. Place one plastic disk on the roll stand and put on the roll of webbing so that the webbing rolls off the top of the roll. Place the other plastic disk on the roll stand and put the roll holder lightly against the disk and tighten the thumb screw lightly. If the webbing does not turn freely then loosen the roll holder a little.
1. Turn master switch to ON position
2. Set the temperature control knob to 3 - 3.5 and allow 10 - 15 min. for the knife to heat up. NEVER ALLOW THE KNIFE TO BECOME RED HOT AS THIS MAY CAUSE THE WEBBING TO CATCH ON FIRE. Use just enough heat to cut the webbing and to keep the knife blade burned clean. You will have to experiment with the webbing you are using to find the exact temperature that works best.
3. Adjust the guide strips to fit the webbing you are using. Do not make it too tight as to cause drag on the webbing.
4. Feed the webbing through the guides and push it up to the feed rollers and then push the FEED JOG button on the control panel. This will take the webbing through the feed rollers. Take the webbing past the rollers an inch or so. You can also put the webbing through the rollers by pushing down on the black knob and lifting the rollers and pushing the webbing through. Note: If your machine is equipped with the optional cutoff switch, you must feed material under the trip rod before the guides.
FEED JOG Allows you to manually operate the feed rollers
KNIFE JOG Allows you to manually operate the knife
RE-SET Allows you to clear the machine and start a new program
STOP Allows you to stop the machine and save all data in the memory Also allows you to clear a data entry while programming.
ENTER Allows you to enter program data
When the control panel is turned on the LCD will read "FEED RATE 1-9". This will determine how fast the webbing will feed through the machine. 1 will be the slowest and 9 will be the fastest. To enter the speed, push the number you desire and it will automatically be entered.
1. When the Master Switch is on the LCD will read "LENGTH". To enter the length you want say a 15" piece just push 15 on the keypad and ENTER .
2. Next, "HOW MANY" will appear on the LCD. This is the number of pieces that you want to cut. If you want 100 pieces, push 100 and ENTER on the keypad.
3. "CUT TIME" will appear on the LCD last. Cut times are in seconds. To enter 1 and 1/2 seconds, push 1.5 and ENTER. Cut times will vary with the thickness of the webbing and some trial and error is necessary to get the proper cut time. 1" medium weight poly pro webbing will cut in about .75 seconds or 3/4 of a second. BEFORE you push enter on the CUT TIME put the webbing up to the feed rollers and push FEED JOG. Once the webbing is through the knife about 3" push KNIFE JOG and cut off the webbing. This will give you a fresh cut to start with. Now push ENTER and the machine will start cutting. When the number of pieces that were entered have been cut the machine will stop. You wish to run the same program again just push ENTER and it will run the same program again and maintain a running count.
4. To stop the machine during operation and not loose the data you have entered, push the STOP button and hold it down until the machine stops. If you need to make an emergency stop push RESET or turn the master switch off. By using the STOP button you will save the program and the count. To start the program again just push ENTER and it will continue with the program you had entered. When you use RESET or the master switch you will loose the program. After you have ran a program and want to run the same program again, you do not have to enter the data again. Just push ENTER and it will run the same program and continue to keep a running count. 5. When you are through with the machine turn the Temperature control to OFF and switch the Master Switch OFF.